MANA 2013 AGMPosted on February 14, 2013 by admin in AGM, Events, Feed the Kids, Hui, News
Notification of MANA 2013 AGM
- Venue: Papa O Te Aroha Marae, Tokoroa.
- AGM: Sunday 14th April 2013 – 9am to 1pm
Preceded on Saturday 13th by “Feed the Kids” public and political forum (accommodation and meal available Friday night)
Proposed Registration cost:
- $25 per person or $40 including a “Feed the Kids” T shirt (to be confirmed)
Registration forms, confirmed costs and detailed agenda will be available before 1st March.
- The target for each Rohe is 40 members attending. We need at least 20 names confirmed by 1st March.
- $75 travel subsidy available for MANA members attending from the South Island (Christchurch and above), $150 for members south of Christchurch.
- Closest airports are Rotorua (56km) and Hamilton (84km).
- Auckland Airport is 198km away. There will be transport available to and from the venue to and from Hamilton and Rotorua airports and we can co-ordinate travel from Auckland if requested.
- Book flights as soon as possible – Christchurch to Rotorua return and Dunedin to Auckland return are both currently available for less than $200
- March 1st
Policy Submissions deadline
All branch feedback on the Economic Justice, Health, Housing, Education, Livelihoods and Social Wellbeing policies to be submitted by email. These were the policies that branches were asked to review at the end of last year. A copy of the existing policies is attached. Reviews of all the other policy areas will be completed over the rest of 2013.
Each Rohe is also asked to confirm at least 20 attendees each by this date.
- March 15th
Constitutional or other non-policy remit deadline
Any proposed changes to our the MANA constitution or other non-policy remits for consideration by the AGM should be submitted by 5pm. They will be circulated as soon as possible after this date.
Submissions to policy will be incorporated into new policy drafts that will circulated on the 15th March. Any policy submissions that are not included in the new drafts will be listed with explanation as to why they were not included. The drafts will be put to the 2013 AGM for approval. Only the new draft policies and policy submissions that were submitted by 1st March but not included in the drafts will be considered at the AGM.
April 1st Nominations Close
- Nominations for President, Vice-presidents (2 positions of which one must be a woman), Secretary and Treasurer close at 5pm.
All submissions, remits and nominations must have been approved by a branch or Rohe. They should be submitted by an office-holder and specify the details of the meeting at which they were approved. Please email all nominations, remits and submissions to: email@example.com. If they cannot be emailed please contact the secretary on 021 02940345 before the deadline to arrange alternative delivery method.